Thursday, March 31, 2011

Vasectomies....they work....right??

Busy, busy, busy it what's going on over here.  But I'm sure you already knew that!  I have been wanting to do an update for awhile now and Mary Ann reminded me to do this so here goes:
  • My job has been going good...not great...but good and I'll take that.  I have it down packed now so that's a relief.  The other girl that was hired the same time as me is looking for another job and has already had 2 interviews.  I really get along with her and so I will be very disappointed if she leaves and plus then all the duties will fall on my shoulders which I am not looking forward to.  I know they will replace her but I may not have the connection that I have with her so I'm crossing my fingers that she sticks it out!
  • The boys:  Venti and Mocha packed up their apartment and moved everything into Mocha's parents house last week because today they are moving to Chicago until mid July for his job.  When they come back they are going to get another apartment about 45 minutes from here because he will still be working out of the office in Baltimore, MD.  I know this all is for Mocha's sake so that she is closer to her family...which is 5 minutes from our house and it will make Venti's commute much longer but I figure that if he wasn't ok with it then he would speak up....or maybe he won't but I can't worry about that.  I just hope they have safe travels because they are driving to Chicago because of Dudley (their Great Dane) and it is 660 miles away.  Say a prayer for them to arrive safely!  He said they probably won't come home at all which is really sad to not see them for that long but we are going to do Skype to keep in touch!!  I tried to hold back the tears but I couldn't help it!
  • Grande is currently at the local college here and has been for 2 years.  Well Tall is a senior in High School and decided to apply at Shippensburg College (an hour away) and Grande thought that he wanted to apply too and they could both go there.  Well guess what....Grande got accepted but Tall did not!  I felt so bad for Tall.  I called Shippensburg and asked them why and they said that his SAT scores were too low (he only took them once) and they suggested for him to take them again to increase his chances so he is scheduled to take them on April 9th and I am so hoping he does good so that he can go there as well because he was the one that originally wanted to go there in the first place!  Tall just turned 18 on March 20th!
  •  Short is doing good. He is getting really good grades in school.  He is very sad about Venti moving away for a couple of months.  His birthday is April 20 and he will be 11.  He is into these Squinkie things and I find them all over the house!   

I was off work yesterday because Joe had to have an Endoscopy done.  He has really bad acid reflux and his brother has throat cancer so they wanted to do one as a precautionary.   They took a biopsy and he will get the results in a couple of weeks.  It was so nice having the day off!  I remember how the days used to be!  :(

Our 25th Wedding Anniversary is April 12th!  I am excited about that!  What a milestone!  I told him he is getting baby #5 because I haven't gotten my period since February 7th and he didn't think that was very funny because he had a vasectomy.  That really can't be possible...at least I hope so.  I was having all those hot flashes and now I haven't been having any.  I guess maybe I should do a pregnancy test just in case!??  Yikes!  And nooooooo.....I have not been with anyone else!  Vasectomies are guaranteed I hope!   He did get tested afterward and there were no swimmers so there shouldn't be any swimmers now!  Right!?

Hope everyone has a great Thursday and I'll see you tomorrow!

22 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! My hubby had a vasectomy about 20 years ago and I am a week late! We were just kidding about this same thing. I refuse to think pregnancy is even an option....I'm just getting close to 50....time for "the change" to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. had to crack up at the last paragrapgh. lol
    (just wanted to tell you, I had my last baby when I was 45 years old AFTER being told there was no possible way I would become pregnant.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!! Happy Anniversary! That would be a shocker wouldn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There SHOULDN'T be any swimmers, but, um... did he check his sperm count after the V was done? about 80% of them are successful the first time, but you need to need to NEED TO have a post surgery sperm count done, to make sure it was effective.

    Who knows? Maybe you'll have to think of another coffee name? Macchiato?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be an amazing Anniversary gift!!????
    Most likely, menopause is starting. Sounds like the boys are doing great and I know how proud you are of them. It will be hard when Venti is away but just remember how quickly time passes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm taking a sexual behavior psych class, and we just learned that in rare cases the tube that was snipped can grow back together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your update. I hope all things work out for you--with the job and your boys--and of course, the more personal stuff, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary - 25 years is something to be proud of these days!!!

    Sounds like you're starting menopause, which is better than a baby with your job & houseful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is hilarious about the V and late period. Yikes, my daughter is retaking the act's on april 8th (or whatever that saturday is. and it is the same day as prom so hopefully she will stay FOCUSED)! happy thursday.. laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear I cracked up too at your comment about the anniversary present. I couldn't drag my husband in for a vasectomy so we just abstain from sex - it seems to work! Congratulations on 25 years and I hope the results are fine for Joe.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I took my 13 yr old for an Endoscopy Tues. Not a nice procedure, but necessary to check all is ok. We have had the all clear just today.

    Great to see your catch up

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would take a pregnancy test just to set your mind at ease. You can still get pregnant until you've completely gone through menopause, which takes quite a while, from what I understand. One thing to keep in mind is that our bodies try to heal. The vasectomy is looked upon by the body as a wound and tries to heal itself, which means sometimes the tube will grow back together. I have read accounts of this happening. This actually happened to some real-life friends of ours just recently. The doctor he used has a 100 percent accuracy rate and is considered one of the best in his field. He was tested post-surgery, and there were no live swimmers. That was a year and a half ago. She is now pregnant, with his baby and is due around the same time as me. He went back to the doctor and tested positive for live swimmers. The doctor now has a 99 percent accuracy rate. If you are pregnant, you and I can both model our baby bumps together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My vasectomy was a complete failure..it's 26 years old and I don't have a thing to show for it...lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vasectomies better work! My hubby had one also and I'm looking forward to missed cycles. Bring on the menopause!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Java,
    I love the update on your family and glad to hear your job is going good, I hope that your next co-worker and you will be able to have a friendship.
    Sorry to hear your one son is moving for a short time but thank God for Skype.

    Bob, just told me as we were reading that sometimes the V's have to be redone *they can grow back together where they cut) but in your case I hope it is menopause, take a pregnancy test to ease your mind :) And Happy *early* 25th CONGRATS

    Hugs n blessings
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fantastic update... Go get yourself a pregnancy test.... Shall I introduce you to my neice Kristin who was born after her fathers vasectomy???? And that's the truth...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really don't agree with the amount of emphasis schools put on standardized testing--because I can go on and on and on about this, I will spare you BUT it's really not fair. The over all student needs to be taken into consideration---I can't tell you how many people I know who scored VERY LOW on their SATs but are doing just fine in their careers as doctors, teachers, counselors, etc...

    As to the vasectomy? You just never know!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My uncle had a vasectomy and had 4 kids afterwards!! I am sure it's just you changing.:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the 25 years! And I hate those damn squinkies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The year I started going through the change was the year I took more pregnancy tests then my entire married life.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My "early menopause" is now 12 1/2, he looks just like his dad and came two years after DH vasectomy. I tell everyone to have their husbands checked several times as my hubby was given the all clear on his post surgery six week sample specimen. We have four boys, 29, 26, 25 and 12.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was blown away by the last paragraph. There are some instances that vasectomies are not guaranteed, especially if the procedure done was only clipping of the tube. Unless it was reversed, then you could be expecting though. Haha!

    Harold Judelman

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!