Sunday, May 13, 2012

Meet Me On Monday Mother's Day Edition!!

For those of you who are joining for the first time....Welcome!  I post the questions on Sunday evening to give you time to get your post ready.  I try to make the questions simple and fun!  Its amazing how much we all have in common and yet are very different from each other.  Lets get started!  Enjoy!!

Welcome to the 67th edition of 
"Meet Me On Monday!"
 
For this week it will be a special post Mother's Day Edition!!
 
Blogging  is a funny thing...we tell our most intimate thoughts for all to read  and yet most of the time I find myself sitting and wondering, "who is  this person!?"  I know them...but yet I don't know them!  I want  to know who the person is behind all those words so I thought of a great  way for all of us to "meet" each other!

Every Sunday Never Growing Old will post five get to know you  questions that you can copy and paste into your own Monday post and we  can all learn a little more about each and every one of us!!

Java will add a linky so we can follow who participates and get to know them  better!!  Be sure to link the POST and not just your whole blog!!


Meet Me On Monday


Questions:

1.  For Mother's Day I _________

2.  What is your favorite dish that your Mom makes?

3.  Who are you a "Mom" too?

4.  What did you have for Mother's Day dinner?

5.  What is your fondest memory of your Mom?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Answers!

1.  For Mother's Day I ____________.
Spent the morning cleaning the bathrooms and then I paid bills!  At 4pm we went next door to my parents house and had dinner with them and my sisters and their families!  After that Joe and I took a walk and then we watched the finale of Survivor!

2.  What is your favorite dish that your Mom makes?
Pot pie!!  She makes it all from scratch including the noodles!  Yum!!!

3.  Who are you a "Mom" too?
Venti (24), Grande (21), Tall (19), Short (12) and of course Ozzie, Woody and Brody.....my fur babies!!!

4.  What did you have for Mother's Day dinner?
Kentucky Fried Chicken!!  It is a tradition for as long as I can remember.  My Mom requests it and so my Dad buys lots of chicken (to feed 18 of us) and then my sisters and I each bring a side dish and a dessert.  I made homemade macaroni & cheese and brownies!!

5.  What is your fondest memory of your Mom?
Its hard to pick just one!  She has always been there for me...not only as a mother but also as my friend.  I can always count on her for anything and she always has good advice.  I think my fondest memories is when we bake Christmas cookies!!  Its always so much fun and I love baking with her!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Time to link up and meet!!

PLEASE either put the Meet Me On Monday button in your post or link  your post back to me.  I have found several people just posting the  questions and answers in their post and no one knows that they actually  belong to a meme and linky! 



Your link MUST include your Meet Me On  Monday post or it will be deleted!  You cannot link up until your post  is complete and posted!  

I have had SEVERAL people link their whole blog and not just the post and it takes a lot of time to go in and correct these so PLEASE link your Meet Me On Monday post!  You know who you are!!

10 comments:

  1. Liked these questions and the answers are pretty cool as well..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun questions! I hope to have more comments from others this week. It's interesting to read about others and would love to hear from them.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that kitchen picture of the cookie making now that is a cooking kitchen. You have some handsome boys I love the smiles mine always fight smiling in photos :( oh the picture of your kitties is precious. I am skipping this weeks questions :(( to difficult to answer positively when my mom is a real piece of work.
    I get to be a great mom to janie (26) jake (25) james (21) jenessa (16 foster daughter) jillian (9 my midlife crisis).
    I will be back next Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the cookie photo. Lovely photos.

    I have not been around for any memes for a long while so have decided to join you again this week, Java.

    Need to catch up on what has been happening here :)

    carol
    DizzyC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pictures.
    Since we don't celebrate mother's day I decided to skip MMOM this week. Will be back next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the meal your family has for Mother's Day. It doesn't require your Mom cooking and we really shouldn't have to on our day. You have a good looking bunch of boys, there and I'll bet they are very close to their Mom.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting... love the cookie picture looks fun!!!
    great questions for Mother's Day....

    When i link up it won't take my post link it says its too long so I posted my whole blog
    here is the correct link..

    http://www.livelaughlovewiththeponderingprincess.com/2012/05/meet-me-on-monday-mothers-day-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linked up!

    I didn't think to count my fur-babies!! Sandy and Abu would be my other "kids".

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow splendid pics!! you have a lovely kitchen!!happy MMOM!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Java-I am featuring you and your blog on Friday. Come check it out then.
    I hope to back with your memes real soon.
    ~Naila Moon


    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love comments!! Thank you for taking the time and for making my day!! I read every single one and if you ask a question please be sure that I will get back to you as soon as I can!